Wednesday 10 June 2009

Roman beards

Brad: 

I'm pretty tired now, had a fantastic session rowing this evening. I haven't trained on the water for over a week now and I can tell my fitness has slipped. I've started cycling every now and then on the exercise bike and am hoping to make that more of a regular occurrence.

The Beard:

I was having a one to one meeting with a business college  yesterday who told me that on first impressions men with beards aren't trusted as much as clean shaven men. I'm not sure if I agree with that. He went on to say that it goes back to the Roman times when if you had a beard then you were seen as hiding something. I have done some research of my own and found this site which talks about the beard being fashionable at some times and not during other times depending on who the ruler was at the time. Nothing there about it being seen as not trusted. Perhaps some of you can let me know how you feel about men with beards and if we can be trusted.




Financial Freedom:

I had a good talk today with a friend who helped me define what my target is for financial freedom. I've looked at my monthly expenses and have now got a clearer figure in mind. We then broke it down to how many customers I need to gather with Utility Warehouse so I can earn enough passive income to cover my expenses. Its amazing how setting clear targets makes it seem more achievable. Clear Targets that are easily broken down into small chunks which are easily achieved. 

And a quote: "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will." - Jawaharlal Nehru


No comments:

Post a Comment