Tuesday 7 July 2009

Exercise and networking

Brad:

Since the success at the last regatta I have been training more. Mainly on the exercise bike and keeping within my heart rate zones to build up my fitness. I totally agree that success builds success and it only takes a small victory to get the ball rolling. 

The Beard:

Just read this news article about beards and weather women like them or not. In this survey 92% of women prefer a clean shaven man. The funny thing is that 63% of men think facial hair makes them more attractive. Then the other fact that  surprised me is one in five men admitted they were not capable of growing a full beard and felt ashamed as a result. 

So the way I see it is men want to be manly and grow beards but women don't find it attractive And the men that feel ashamed and want to be more manly are more attractive to women... Something doesn't add up?

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_120779.html

Financial Freedom:

Went to this really cool networking event on a barge. It was hosted by inventure and was a great way to network. I have been adopted as the photographer so I take photos for the group. I'll post some up tomorrow when I've had a chance to go through them. I had a great time and met some funny, interesting people and can't wait till the next one.

A quote:

Found this quote by a very successful, bearded man... Abraham Lincoln.

“The way for a young man to rise is to improve himself in every way he can, never suspecting that anybody wishes to hinder him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment